Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Boom Boom... Out Go The Lights

For the handful of people that read this blog, you know I'm a middle-aged guy who is starting over in life after quite a few years of trials and tribulations.  I'm currently living in an apartment that someone else pays for.  While that sounds like a good deal, the lack of rent is more than made up for in negativity and unnecessary drama.  Yesterday was a prime example.  Lying in bed yesterday morning, I heard someone wrenching on something right outside my window.  I figured it was the maintenance guys working on the heat pump or something.  I rolled over, and slept some more.

When I woke up later, I noticed my clock was blank.  "Crap.  The power's out," I thought.  So I got up, threw some clothes on, and took a leak in the dark.  I checked the rest of the apartment, and yep, the power was completely out.  It wasn't just a single breaker.

It turned out that the power got shut off because the master of this household (which obviously isn't me) just hadn't paid the bill completely.  I was able to draw my pictures by sunlight for a while, but the drama level quickly went through the roof, and I got very little work done.  As usual, I tried to calm things down initially, and to add some rational thought to the situation.  That's what always gets me into trouble here, rational thought is NEVER welcome in this apartment.  Long story short, I got kicked out of the apartment twice yesterday for offering my point of view, and a non-family member bailed us out.  It was just a bad day all around.  Hope today goes a little better.

I'm no longer writing this blog, check out my newer stuff at:
Get Weird Make Money

No comments:

Post a Comment